Monday 18 April 2011

O for a muse of fire...

Do I love performance photography! Going back through my archive, I found a varied collection of images:



 These first four were taken for Filton's college dance and theatre students. I was impressed by the quality of the performance, and the lighting was good enough to create some interesting effects. It's always a thin line between a good backlight scene and a useless photo due to poor lighting.




Then we have some of one of Zun Zun Egui's first gig before they became Bristol's favourite band. I was very lucky to meet the band a few times, and I always enjoy going to their gigs. If you want to hear something different, try out their page: http://www.zunzunmusic.com/


 Another old photograph of a band that's gone a long way since. If I'm not mistaken this was one of Shady Bard's first gig in Bristol. I also highly recommend their last album, 'Trial': http://www.myspace.com/shadybard/music


And last but not least, classic reggae band Jungle Redd live in the Colston Hall foyer. The beat is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment